Wednesday, 12 June 2013

DIY Digital Staff In/Out Board


Following on from my DIY Digital Signage project, I thought I'd share a Digital In/Out Board that I created for the staff at the college where I work. I've changed the names to protect the innocent :)
It's an Excel file that runs off a laptop connected to a flat screen TV. You can get a copy of my Excel file from here
To use it, you double-click the In/Out cell next to a name.
I managed to find a clever bit of code (don't remember where), that makes a cell change between two states when you double-click it. To see the code, right-click on Sheet1 at the bottom of the screen and select View Code.

In case of a fire, you can use the Print Fire List button at the bottom of the screen to print a checklist to take to your muster point.





3 comments:

  1. Mike, that excel file like goes no where - i'd like to get a copy of that. thanks.

    ReplyDelete